Woodlands is a popular suburban area located in northern Singapore. It is about 12 miles from the Central Business District or CBD.
Until the 1970s, it was still considered a rural area. It is where several rubber plantations and farms were located.
While it is not the case presently, the area is still one of the greenest and leafiest areas in the city. This place has a quiet and pleasant suburban feel around it.
It contains three subzones: Marsiling, Woodgrove, and Admiralty. It is adjacent to Sembawang, Sungei Kadut, Upper Thomson and Yishun.
It is considered as one of the fastest-growing areas in Singapore for the last 15 years or so.
The area is bordered by Seletar Expressway (SLE) in the south and Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) in the west. This causes it to be a central transportation hub to and fro the CBD.
The northern end of the BKE connects to the Causway that goes to Johor Bahru in Malaysia. This makes going to the neighboring country easier than before.
Woodlands is a thriving and developing place. There are plenty of entertainment facilities.
Also, it contains a wide range of housing choices and styles. This makes Woodland a popular area in Singapore.
It also offers many choices to look for a loaning company to finance their endeavors.
Why Choose a Licensed Moneylender in Woodlands
Sometimes, you need extra money aside from your salary. There are unforeseen circumstances such as family emergencies or home renovations. A sudden hike in utility bills can also contribute to needing extra funds.
Banks are not always willing to lend money on short notice. They need a lot of documents and proof for one to be able to borrow from them. If the need is urgent, a bank is not the best place to borrow.
It is better to consider borrowing from licensed moneylenders in Woodlands.
The reason is there are advantages if you borrow from them.
Flexible terms for Payment
In reality, we have our monthly obligations or daily living expenses. So when a person gets a loan, he or she may feel worried about the payment.
But with the licensed moneylenders in woodlands, there will be no problem. They can tailor your payment scheme to meet your financial health.
A licensed moneylender will help you decide your payment scheme. You can choose to pay weekly, every two weeks, or monthly.
Licensed moneylenders also offer numerous ways to pay. When your due date comes, you can pay personally in the office or online.
Another reason to apply in licensed moneylenders is they don't ask for collateral.
Personal loans are unsecured loans. So if you apply for it, you don't have to back up the loan with any of your personal property.
In banks, it is a must to provide collateral for them to process your loans. No collateral means that you can apply for a personal loan with lesser hassle.
Licensed Moneylender in Woodlands
It is not true that applying for a personal loan comes with high-interest rates. Actually, licensed moneylenders offer low-interest loans.
Licensed moneylenders only charge at 4% interest a month for a personal loan. It is the maximum interest they can apply to their loans.
This is specified in the Moneylenders Act which is a law provided by the government. It is to protect both licensed moneylenders and you as a borrower. If the licensed moneylender caught violating the law, there can be harsh consequences.
Fast Processing and Cash Release
Applying for a personal loan from licensed moneylenders is very easy. You can apply online or you can go directly to the office. For faster transactions, ensure that you have all the necessary documents on hand.
Because you do not need many documents, loan approval is fast. The process can be done in about a week or so. Once approved, the licensed moneylender will call you for an appointment. They will ask you to go to the office and sign documents. They will also explain the loan terms clearly.
You need to go to the office personally. Singapore prohibits faxing documents to lenders.
When everything is finished, you can get the cash loan instantly.
Available for Expats
Personal loans from licensed moneylenders are also available for foreign workers. This is another reason to get a personal loan from moneylenders.
Unlike with banks, workers who do not have a PR can apply for a personal loan from licensed moneylenders. They need to provide solid proof that they have a job. A work permit is necessary.
Determine if You are Dealing with A Licensed Moneylender in Woodlands
Some unscrupulous people prey on hard-working individuals. Singapore strictly prohibits any dealings with loan sharks. But how do you know if you are dealing with a loan shark?
Take note of the following signs when you apply for a personal loan:
- You can check the list of all legal lending companies in Singapore.
- Observe the loan manager. If they display any threatening behavior, they are loan sharks. They threaten people emotionally or physically if a borrower doesn't follow their demands.
- If the company forces you to hand over your SingPass (National I.D), they are loan sharks. Don't hand it over.
- If they keep the original NRIC card, Passport, personal ID, or ATM, they are loan sharks. Licensed moneylenders should keep any of your original documents.
- Check the contract details. If it is not clearly explained or the contract is vague, do not sign.
- If the lending company does not give you a copy of your contract, be careful. Licensed moneylenders are required to provide a copy of the contract.
- The process is too easy and only needs one document. Most licensed lending companies need time to approve your loan. They need more than one document to determine your financial status.
- They ask for a processing fee before processing the loan. If they ask for a fee upfront, they are loan sharks. Licensed moneylenders do not require a processing fee.
- Check the interest rate. If the interest is more than 4% then they are illegal. Legal lending companies don't charge more than 4% interest for a personal loan.
Be aware of these dangerous signs to avoid getting scammed. Personal loans are readily approved if all documents are in order.
It is a hassle-free and legal way to get cash if you are in a bind. Be vigilant in vetoing your chosen lending company.